Armistead provides various services targeted for LGBT Women; One of those provisions is,
Armistead’s Women’s Group (18+) is a social space were Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered women can expect to meet other women who can offer support, help and to build a mutually supportive network.
Armistead’s Women’s Group meets at Armistead on the last Wednesday of every month. For more information about this service come along to the group or call 0151 227 1931.
Women can also gain access to other Armistead service’s that are targeted to the specific needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered women.
Armistead LGBT Women’s service can offer support and advice on the following issues:
• Support with family conflict or problems at home
• Advice and referrals for Women’s sexual and reproductive health
• Female Transgendered issues
• Counselling & relationship advice
• General health issues such as smoking workshops, confidence, body image and self esteem workshops.
• Bullying, Homophobia, Transphobia and other Hate crimes.
• Drug and alcohol concerns
• Peer support
• To have a voice in Armistead services
• Safer sex advice and resources
• Parent and carers support
• Crisis intervention